WHITESIDE AREA CAREER CENTER
2016-2017 SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED THROUGH WACC
The following scholarships are being offered through Whiteside Area Career Center for the 2016-2017 School Year:
CLARENCE BROWN SCHOLARSHIP – One $500 Scholarship and Five $300 Scholarships
One $500 scholarship must be awarded to a senior student from Sterling High School. The other five $300 scholarships are open to any WACC senior student.
KEITH SCHRADER MEMORIAL AWARD – One $500 Scholarship
The scholarship is open to a senior Building Trades student from any WACC school.
HARRY D. ULFERTS SCHOLARSHIP – Up to two $500 Scholarships
These Scholarships will be awarded to seniors who have taken the Criminal Justice class at Whiteside Area Career Center either their junior or senior year.
STUDENT RECOGNITION SCHOLARSHIP – Ten $300 Scholarships
These Scholarships will be open to any WACC senior.
MILITARY SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP – One $300 Scholarship
This scholarship is open to any WACC senior who will be entering the military full-time after graduation.
STUDENT OF THE YEAR – Eleven $500 Awards
(There is no application required for these, selection made by teachers from the pool of Students of the Month)
PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIPS – $300 Awards
Additional $300 Scholarships for various programs in addition to the ones listed above will be awarded to some programs. Teachers will share this information with students.
- Application forms for all scholarships will be available the week of February 27, 2017.
- Applications are available online at www.wacc.cc. Click on Students and then WACC Scholarships. You can complete the application online and then print, but you my want to download the application and save it to your computer for revisions.
- Completed applications and resumes are DUE to the main office by Friday, March 24th. No applications will be accepted past the due date. Counselors and teachers are asked to encourage students to apply for all scholarships for which they qualify.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE TYPED AND A RESUME ATTACHED.
- If needed, finalists for all scholarships will be interviewed April 18-21 before the scholarship selections are made. Interview schedules will be distributed to the WACC teachers, and the teachers will notify their students of interview times and dates.
- Scholarships must be claimed within one calendar year of the award presentation.
- Selections will be made in April.
- See individual forms for details for each scholarship.
Notice: It is highly advisable to write your answers in a word processing document (Work or Google Docs) and then copy and paste into the application.